Greta Joanne Entertainment is an award-winning boutique production, sales agent, distributor (theatrical and digital) marketing, and public relations specialist company. The company was founded by award-winning multi-media talent Angelique Monet in an effort to fill the demand for independent cinema, films of purpose, and fostering talent specific to individuals of African descent, indigenous people as well as Asian and middle eastern stories. The company continues to expand with offices located in New York, London, Monaco and Lagos with co-production facilities at Noida Film City in India in preparation to develop games and commercial films.
GJE has a long presence at Cannes Film Festival and Marche du Film and has screened and marketed many films. This includes critically acclaimed:
- “Tagore Natir Puja-The Court Dancer,” a 3D Colour recreation of the only film that Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore ever made Jame’s Bird’s
- “We Are Boats” starring Luzo Abuda, Angela Sarafyan, Luke Hemsworth, Gaia Weiss, Jack Falshee, Amanda Plummer, Graham Greene, Adriana Mather, Boo Stewart, Justin Cornwell, Cheryl Halpern’s Jewish & Middle East Relations
- “Remembering The Maurits Kiek Story,”
- “Two Zions” The Living Legend of Queen Sheba and King Solomon (Ethiopia, Israel), highlighting the relationship between King Solomon and Queen Sheba.
- “A tale of Water, Palm Trees, and Family,” (UAE), a long documentary that is a tribute in memory of those who worked hard in the past, and reminder to future generations that today’s prosperity was made from ancestors who carved rocks for water and cultivated palm trees for life.
A partnership for films of purpose between Monet’s NGO that holds Consultative Status to the United Nations is in place with New Generation In Action’s AFI World Peace Initiative, where GJE is the sponsor during Film Markets (films of purpose).
The company has a slate of films from low budget to high budget including Karl Bardosh’s “Burnt Offering,” that is executive produced by Ashok Hinduja of Hinduja Group, Executive Produced by James Simpson (The Merchant of Venice) and will star Deepak Chopra.
SMARTPHONE CONTENT LABEL
Founder Angelique Monet has championed smartphone content into a category called Smartphone Cinema and GJE alongside AFI World Peace Initiative was the first to introduce this handheld technology to Cannes Film Festival in 2019. Now the GJE has created a boutique division to distribute smartphone content and films such as female and 1st time filmmaker Vineesha Arora Sarin was featured in Golden Globes Magazine and the first time an Asian woman in Hollywood produced a full length narrative feature film all shot during COVID-19 pandemic.
AFRICAN CONTENT LABEL
During AFM2021, GJE will launch the African division that will acquire, and produce stories, cultures and traditions of Africa. A series of documentaries, docu-series, animation, and narrative feature films are scheduled. Animation “Legend of The Cocoa King,” is a part of the AFM2021 line up and is in “Development” scheduled for 2023. The story is by His Royal Majesty King Dokun Thompson, the Oloni of Eti-Oni and is Executive Produced by Their Majesties of Eti-Oni.
Founder Angelique Monet will produce a series of animations, games, television and films with live puppets and her ventriloquist figures